The Routing/Dispatcher position will be in constant contact with high profile customers; routing drivers, scheduling pickup and delivery appointments, maintaining customer container pools, updating the Terminal Management System, and monitoring driver performance.
- Handle all incoming calls and deal directly with drivers, management and directly with customers.
- Route and Properly dispatch drivers for prompt deliveries.
- Data entry of pertinent information regarding orders into our transportation management system (TMS.)
- Maintain an accurate dispatch board in TMS.
- Monitor all shipments to insure delivery deadlines are met.
- Monitor and maintain accurate onsite reports for each account.
- Help support our customer’s unique delivery needs.
- Call drivers and update all driver activity in TMS, in real time.
- Research all unfinished loads in TMS daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- High School Diploma.
- 1-3 years of Transportation support (Dispatch) experience preferred.
- Produce industry experience a major plus.
- Excellent computer skills. (Access, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.)
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent verbal and written customer service/communication skills. Bilingual is preferred.
- Familiar with trucking terminology,
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage priorities, workflow, and a high level of responsibility.
Major Plus: Understanding DOT Compliance, FMCSA, DQ Administration, Emodal and UIIA
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work with diverse people and situations, in a consistently changing environment.
- Transportation: 1 year (Preferred.)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred.)