Supports sales and product management in delivering the finest berries possible to our customers, partnering with the best carriers in the industry. Creates and maintains positive relationships with trucking companies, freight forwarders and brokers in order to acquire essential logistics information and relay to entire Naturipe team. Provides logistics support to all four grower-owners along with establishing relationships with partner cooler and staff.
Supervisor: Transportation Manager
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Books orders with carriers through Naturipe Farms TMS System
- Provides timely tracking and tracing status of active orders in standardized format
- Follows up on late deliveries and shipments that were not picked up
- Provides and requests confirmation of orders
- Assists with NF Cooler Transfers.
- Takes lead on diversion of product when it is rejected.
- Works with product management to determine product availability for load
- LTL consolidation to maximize full truckloads and minimize freight spend
- Sets up customer receiving appointments as required.
- Creates priority list for warehouse shipping
- Creates Wal-Mart warehouse appointments using online Appointment Scheduler
- Verifies orders have been confirmed and set for pick
- Books transfers from NF Cooler to forwarder for air exports
- Check active sales boards for additional orders or changes placed after hours by sales and/or partners
- Check active sales boards that orders are shipped
- Assists with claims and rejections relating to transportation are initiated and followed through to settlement
- Assures ongoing positive relationships with regional carriers and brokers
- Stays updated on market conditions, fuel pricing and rates for assigned regions
- Assists Hortifrut Warehouse Managers during the import season with logistics and transportation
- Creates weekly report on all activities (rejections, claims, issues)
- Assists with checking status of all claims and follows through to ensure completion
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
- Handles 40-150 orders per day.
- Daily load consolidation utilizing experience and the TMS.
- Regional responsibility as assigned by supervisor and director
- Monitoring of route guide as required
- Tracking shipments utilizing carrier websites and Locus Traxx
- Monitoring orders/loads after, before hours required
- Initiating and monitoring of transportation claims as assigned by supervisor
- Monitoring of the TMS with SAP as required
- Approving invoices for area of responsibility as required in a timely manner
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in truck dispatching or related experience
- Associates Degree in Business Management or related major or work experience
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Knowledge of air and ocean freight a plus
- Knowledge of perishable transportation a plus
- Knowledge of transportation documentation
- Ability to follow written procedures
- Must be able to write and read English
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision
- Must be computer literate with strong working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Be efficient at multi-tasking
- Travel as required (2-3 times per year).
- Work schedule will be 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM (or similar) with days of work Thursday through Monday. This position will relieve the day and weekend operations along with personal time off. Must be flexible with work hour