New England Banana is an importer, wholesaler and distributor of fresh produce based in Everett, MA. They pride themselves in providing their customers the best quality produce and service on a daily basis.
We are seeking a highly motivated Accounts Payable & Receivable Specialist to join our team.
The ideal applicant will be detail oriented with demonstrated experience in Accounts Payable & Receivables, and other clerical functions. Additional qualifications required include excellent listening skills, strong analytical skills, and a self-solve attitude.
This position is seen as a part time position, which is expected to transition to full time.
To be successful in this position we expect the following:
- Minimum associate degree, accounting certification, or 2+ years of equivalent experience is required.
- Bilingual Spanish and English a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications (MS Excel) is required.
- A self-starter: ensure delegated tasks are completed with minimal supervisor follow up. Proactively communicate task and project updates to supervisor.
- Coordinate workflow effectively, efficiently, and neatly with a high level of attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills are an integral component in carrying out required duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
- A commitment to our brand promise of excellent service to customers, growers, and fellow employees.
We offer competitive compensation, the opportunity for advancement, and a great place to work.