Oakes Farms is one of the largest independently owned agribusiness operations in South Florida. Headquartered in Collier County, Florida, Oakes Farms maintains a diversified portfolio of services that reach a global market and include farming, packing, shipping, retail markets and food service and seafood distribution.
Our business was founded on a promise to support friends and neighbors in their pursuit to live healthy lives. This has been – and continues to be – our motivation during every customer connection.
We are now offering a tremendous opportunity for a Director of Procurement (Western Region) to join our team.
The Director of Procurement will manage key sourcing, purchasing, leasing and vendor relationships. This includes a broad spectrum of activity, including packaging and manufacturing, equipment, leases, fleet, fuel, chemicals and fertilizer. This role will focus on enhancing procurement strategy and optimizing value from our vendor partners through effective management of our significant annual spend. This includes delivering cost savings, cash flow improvements, supply optimization, risk management, supply agreements and supplier relationship management.
The Director of Procurement must be a broadly skilled strategic procurement leader with a high level of intelligence, executive presence, business acumen and a natural leader with a curious outlook. The role requires hands on, self- starter that is capable of driving change. Additionally, this role requires strong partnering skills with a commercial perspective, strong negotiation and analytical experience and a desire to lead continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science related discipline, or Agriculture is preferred; an MBA and or MS is highly desirable. Relevant procurement certifications are valued.
- 10 plus years of experience with procurement/supply chain management with progression through management positions.
- Expertise in managing and negotiating supplier contracts.
- Deep understanding of sourcing and procurement best practices that support supplier assessment, qualification and ongoing management review process.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous cost reductions and vendor optimization.
- Extensive background of cross-functional collaboration, executive level communications as well as strong interpersonal, networking and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must be proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
This position requires the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines.
In return, we offer an excellent compensation plan, and the opportunity to take your career to the next level!