Are you a seasoned Ranch Manager interested in working for a great employer? This may be your ideal opportunity.
Headquartered in Castroville, California near Monterey Bay, Ocean Mist Farms is one of California’s leading growers of premium quality produce. We have an affiliation with seven companies with operations in California, Arizona and Mexico. Founded in 1924, we are privately held, the largest producer of artichokes in North America and produce over 30 other fresh vegetable commodities. Our operations include plant breeding, farming, harvesting, cooling, distribution and sales. Ocean Mist Farms’ fresh vegetable product line is sold domestically and internationally year-round.
We are offering a terrific opportunity for an experienced Ranch Manager to join our team.
As the Ranch Manager you are responsible for directing all activities necessary to operate and support our farms at maximum efficiency. You will accomplish this by working with cross-functional teams to ensure that long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies are followed. You will also collaborate in creating an efficient operations plan that meets company safety, policy and budget standards.
The qualified individual will have:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture Production or other related field is required. PCA license is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of farming experience in production agriculture is desirable.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Valid California driver license required.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, vendors, customers, and peers.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently, and upon evaluation of all the pertinent facts be able to solve complex problems.
- A strong work ethic, common sense, honesty, and integrity are required.
- Ability to work long hours Monday through Saturday and Sundays as needed.
- Farming is a physical occupation with the majority of time spent in an outside field environment often standing, walking, stooping, reaching, turning, etc. while being exposed to the elements of the weather.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without undue physical exertion.
If you meet this criteria, we’d like to meet you!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.