We are looking for a motivated individual with experience in sales and a passion for the produce industry to learn and grow with our dynamic sales team in Tampa, FL. We welcome applicants with produce buying and sales experience, although will consider a combination of relevant education and experience.
This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for growth. Are you ready to put your energy behind building a successful career in sales? Come learn with us and contribute to a dedicated team of sales professionals that love what they do.
Your energy and customer service orientation will drive you to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers while maintaining effective working relationships throughout the organization. You will learn and grow from seasoned leaders in the industry and collaborate with sales team members to grow the sales in the region.
- Assist the sales department in conducting sales activities, planning for sales strategies and inventory management.
- Answer incoming sales calls in a professional, courteous manner and providing excellent customer service.
- Learn to aggressively build, establish and maintain a customer base for the assigned territory. Provide sales support to existing customers, solicit new customers, and make sales presentations as needed.
- Once your core knowledge in our business is sound, you will sell company products and services in accordance with established sales targets.
- Over time, you will learn to proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Collaborate with staff to expedite sales commitments, and to resolve final pricing issues and related customer accounting and billing problems in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Liaise with quality control, inventory control, transportation and operations staff to maintain awareness of company products and related services, as well as applicable standards and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
- You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- You ideally have experience in retail purchasing, produce sales and marketing. You have a high drive to learn and build a career in the dynamic produce industry.
- Your degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales, marketing or agri-business will give you a foundation to build your experience. Spanish language skills are also an asset.
- Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments.
- You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you.