Organics is one of, if not THE, fastest growing retail food trends over the past decade. Organics represents the shifts in how consumers view their foods and food origins, and how farmers have listened to the marketplace.
Responding to double-digit growth in Organics, we recognized the need to connect all the parts to the organic food chain.
The Organic Produce Network (OPN) was founded in January, 2017, to connect facets of the organic produce community through education, information and live events.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Marketing and Trade Show Coordinator to join our team in beautiful Monterey, CA.
You will play a key role in a tight-knit team, with broad industry reach, from growers to retailers, and all points in between. You will only tap into the skills and experience you have today, but will learn, grow and be challenged in this dynamic, multi-faceted and supportive environment.
This is a multi-disciplinary role where the successful candidate will share our passion for fresh produce, and the ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities ranging from digital and social media marketing, to a full range of public relations functions, as well as acting as “point person” and liaison for multiple trade shows through-out the year.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related professional field.
- Three to five years of directly applicable experience in a marketing role.
- Strong writing skills, including grammar, sentence and document structure, and spelling.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Candidate must possess a high level of organizational abilities including digital file archiving and retrieval of commonly used marketing materials and resources.
This is a tremendous opportunity to take your career to the next level, working in an exciting branch of the Organic Produce industry!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.