In most workplaces, throwing tomatoes at your boss would be frowned upon. At OGC, we have a day set aside each year to do just that – the world knows it as the Tomato WAR, we call it group catharsis. The organic produce industry is not for the faint of heart, but will steal yours if you aren’t careful. We work really hard each and every day to bring the best organic produce to market from hundreds of awesome farms. We are owned by a perpetual purpose trust that is designed to advance sustainable food and agriculture, forever. We look for people who share our passion for organic agriculture and sustainable business practices; who value teamwork, candor and transparency; and who engage others with joy and gratitude. Our products are “just in time,” need careful handling and change by the season. Our employees embrace that challenge and understand the importance we place on customer service.
Organically Grown Company is seeking a Sales & Business Development Manager to lead our fantastic team of Portland based Account Representatives to provide excellent service and partnerships to the stores, restaurants, home delivery services, DCs, and other customers that we have the pleasure of providing quality organic produce to every day. Our Sales & Business Development Manager partners with the department director to achieve business growth and development targets.
- You have a natural curiosity and passion for learning.
- You truly believe that change happens through developing deep understanding, and building strong cross functional understanding and relationships.
- You influence without authority, and embrace that the success of the team as a whole is how your success in turn is measured.
- You embrace complexity, and have a healthy dose of patience and polite persistence built into the way you operate.
- You strive to have fun, work hard, share grace, and actively demonstrate grit and gratitude.
- You are a systems thinker, and enjoy leading and collaborating on projects to drive growth and innovation.
- You have a naturally entrepreneurial mindset, while effectively working with and through multiple teams.
- Resilience, positivity, and creative problem solving are core to the way you operate.
- You have at least eight years of experience in the commercial produce industry with a proven track record of consistently achieving exceeding company objectives and negotiating sales in the capacity of maintaining multiple large accounts.
- You are an experienced people leader familiar with the concept of servant leadership who can inspire growth and development in your team.
- You understand relationship marketing, sales analysis and reporting.
- You have an in depth knowledge of produce varieties, the organic trade and growing practices, the concept of sustainability, and produce merchandizing. It’s okay with us if you’ve ever referred to yourself as a “produce nerd”.