P-R Farms, Inc. is a highly diversified growing, packing, and shipping operation located in the heart of the agriculturally-rich Central San Joaquin Valley of California. Products grown by P-R Farms include: almonds, grapes, olives, and pistachios.
The P-R Farms, Inc. operation also includes a retail store – ENZO’S TABLE, an almond hulling and processing plant in Madera, and a state of the art olive oil milling facility that produces and bottles organic extra virgin olive oil under the label ENZO.
P-R Farms, Inc. is seeking an accomplished Controller in the Fresno area.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain budgeting, financial planning, control, accounting, and reporting policies and practices for the company. Analyzes financial results and provides President and Chief Financial Officer with an understanding of the company's financial performance and the financial effect of business plans and strategies.
- Responsible for providing timely financial reports to operations management and ownership.
- Analyze financials for completeness; make succinct and timely recommendations for P&L improvement.
- Directs the preparation of budgets and forecasts. Recommends benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Intercompany Management, Cost Accounting, Multiple entity activities.
- Responsible to meet all deadlines for estimates, period end financial reporting, and statutory reporting among others.
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Effectively manage and lead staff. Position supervises Accounting, A/P, A/R and Human Resource Departments.
- Coordinate information to external auditors and lenders.
- Tax Preparations: Weekly Tax Deposits, Monthly/Quarterly payroll tax returns, Federal and Multi State payroll tax returns, Sales tax payments and returns, External tax prep in conjunction with CPA.
- Banking: Cash flow, daily deposit, loan management, amortization schedules, governmental grant programs, monthly reconciliations, online banking, RDC deposit method, third party portal payments, physical cash management.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.
- Agricultural background preferred.
- Famous Software knowledge preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting/ financial analysis experience.
- At least 2 years in managing teams or leading projects.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral, written, and presentation formats.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to scope, plan, and administer reporting process for continuous improvement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting related legislation, regulations and reporting procedures to comply with U.S. and local law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.