P-R Farms, Inc. is a highly diversified growing, packing, and shipping operation located in the heart of the agriculturally rich Central San Joaquin Valley of California. Products grown by P-R Farms include almonds, wine grapes, olives. The P-R Farms, Inc. operation also includes a retail store – Enzo’s Table, an almond hulling and processing plant in Madera, and an olive oil milling facility that produces and bottles award-winning extra virgin organic olive oil under the label ENZO.
We are currently searching for an Irrigation Manager to join our team.
The Irrigation Manager is responsible for the creation of the irrigation schedules and for supervising the servicing, inspection, and repair of irrigation systems for our farms and fields.
- Communicate with Irrigation Districts involved with regular water orders and track remaining balance of available surface water
- Coordinate with water districts on all irrigation scheduling
- Attend appropriate meetings with pending implementation of SGMA and subsequent GMP's
- Manage and take responsibility for weather database
- Develop and execute all Irrigation schedule programs
- Oversee and maintain all irrigation infrastructure
- Responsible for irrigation of field teams
- Execute all fertilization and other chemical injections
- Reports daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual activity to other peers
- Responsible and accountable for departmental capital and operations budget
- Coordinate with Ranch Managers to execute programs
- Collect irrigating information, develop spreadsheet and analysis data for projects
- Establish an irrigation schedule program
- Utilize “PowWow” and “Wiseconn” irrigation management systems
- Must comply with and enforce all Safety and Food Safety rules and regulations
- Other projects as deemed necessary by Management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field highly preferred
- 2-3 years managing a large-scale irrigation system