P-R Farms, Inc. is a highly diversified growing, packing, and shipping operation located in the heart of the agriculturally-rich Central San Joaquin Valley of California. Products grown by P-R Farms include: almonds, grapes, olives, oranges, and stone fruit. The P-R Farms, Inc. operation also includes a retail store – Enzo’s Table, an almond hulling and processing plant in Madera, and a newly-completed olive oil milling facility that produces and bottles extra virgin organic olive oil under the label ENZO.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Pest Control Advisor (PCA) Manager to join our team in Clovis, CA.
As the PCA Manager you are responsible for planning, directing, supervising, organizing and analyzing all technical and spray operations. You are also responsible for developing policy and directing and coordinating related activities.
- Required to have possession or ability to qualify for Qualified Applicator License and California Pest Control Advisor License.
- Must have an understanding of Almond cultural programs and the ability to implement these programs, including irrigation, pruning, fertility, pest management, pesticide application, weed control, and soil amendments.
- Knowledge of similar programs in other tree crops a plus.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and comply with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Individual should also possess the ability to represent the company in industry-related boards and events.
- Must have the ability to manage large-scale (4,000+ acre) technical programs in multiple locations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversight of technical operations including but not limited to pest management, soil and plant nutrition and irrigation.
- Manage technical programs to meet goals and objectives of a diverse clientele.
- Creates strategic plans to meet company long term and short term objectives.
- Develops and maintains a system that meets top management information needs.
- Formulates budgets, financial forecasts, and evaluate farming costs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments within the organization.
- Communicates and reports vital information related to quality, production, inventory and financials to executive management team.
- Manages and understands reports related to financials, logistics, production and cultural activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary/hourly wage based on experience,
- Insurance coverage,
- Option to participate in company retirement plan
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.