Pacific International Marketing (Pacific) is a growing leader in the fresh produce industry. We are involved in the growing, packing, shipping and processing of more than one hundred different commodities. We offer a complete line of conventional and organic produce, including value-added products.
The Quality Control (Field/Cooler) is responsible for inspecting incoming and stored products to ensure they meet set standards. This position will provide detailed reports of fresh produce and communicate findings with sales and operations personnel.
Position is based out of Santa Maria, CA works 4 ½ months (Nov. – Mar.) in Yuma, AZ and reports to regional supervisors. Minimum work schedule includes….. Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. **need to confirm minimum work schedule (days/hours).
Cooler and fields duties as needed.
The QC Inspector is responsible for assuring the quality of incoming and outgoing product.
Requires the reporting, monitoring and sampling of product throughout the production stages.
Post/Pre-harvest inspection of product, and assisting in food safety audits and testing.
Responsible for documenting quality and inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
Position requires hands-on experience in quality control and quality assurance, estimates, and inventory.
Assist and supports all facets of the Quality Control and Food Safety departments.
Assist in the repacking of product to meet acceptable quality standards.
General knowledge of fresh produce industry and aids in meeting the highest product quality and food safety standards for our customers.
- 1+ years of Quality control experience in the produce industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of produce inventory management (FAMOUS AND CITRIX).
- Knowledge of PTI Barcode scanning, is preferred by not necessary.
- Experience in packing processes.
- Organized, motivated, detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Can work independently as well as within a team.
- Must have general knowledge of the fresh produce industry.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Acceptable driving record; Insurable a must.