Pacific International Marketing (Pacific) is a growing leader in the fresh produce industry. We are involved in the growing, packing, shipping and processing of more than one hundred different commodities. We offer a complete line of conventional and organic produce, including value-added products.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Quality Control (Field/Cooler) to join our team in Salinas, CA. The Quality Control (Field/Cooler) is responsible for inspecting incoming and stored products to ensure they meet set standards. This position will provide detailed reports of fresh produce and communicate findings with sales and operations personnel.
Position is based out of Salinas, CA works 4 ½ months (Nov. – Mar.) in Yuma, AZ (per diem included) and reports to regional supervisors.
Minimum work schedule includes Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Responsible for monitoring field and cooler product temperatures.
- Document daily quality and pack.
- Communicate quality results of field pack product, directly to Sales staff, and Regional Harvest Supervisor.
- Inspect incoming and stored products to ensure they meet internal and external specifications.
- Assist in cooler food safety inspections, audits, and testing.
- 1+ years of Quality control experience in the produce industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of produce inventory management. (FAMOUS AND CITRIX)
- Knowledge of PTI Barcode scanning, is preferred by not necessary.
- Experience in packing processes.
- Organized, motivated, detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Can work independently as well as within a team.
- Must have general knowledge of the fresh produce industry.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Acceptable driving record; Insurable a must.
- Physical effort required (ability to move 50lbs. from one area to another).
- Exposure to extreme sun, heat and cold environments.