Established in 2002, we are Peruvian growers, importing, packaging, and distributing fresh asparagus, avocados, blueberries, and grapes throughout North America. We also work with partner growers to procure additional volume and commodities including citrus and peppers.
Our passion for the fresh produce industry, a team of amazing individuals, and outstanding customer relationships has lead us to constant growth year after year.
We now have an opening for a Sales Assistant to join our team in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for an amazing self-driven, detail-oriented, organized, proactive and energetic individual who’s excited to learn and grow along with our company. The person we hire will have a great opportunity to learn and grow alongside our current sales team. Pacific Produce is like family so we are looking for someone we can trust and will take initiative and help us continue our growth.
Ideally, the person we hire loves fresh produce (bonus if you have some produce industry knowledge or experience), is eager to learn and evolve a career in the produce industry, and extremely supportive to the entire team as things move fast in the produce industry.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in office operations or sales support
- High school diploma/GED required
- Experience in the produce industry and/or logistics is preferred, but by no means required
- Demonstrated history of excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Organized, accurate, and capable of taking direction and providing support to multiple people
- We work in a fast-paced environment so the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks is key, along with solid time management skills
- Extremely dependable and self-motivated
- Proficiency with computers and software including Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish speaking is helpful but not required