Pacific Trellis Fruit is a year around domestic and imported produce grower/shipper located in Fresno, CA with additional offices in Los Angeles, CA, Nogales, AZ and Glochester City, NJ. Established in 1999, we specialize in grapes and melons but also have imported citrus, and tree fruit in the off season.
We are currently accepting resumes for a Transportation and Dispatch professional to join our team in Fresno, CA. This in an excellent opportunity to get into the Produce Industry. While we prefer a candidate with transportation/logistics experience, if we find the right candidate, with the right aptitude and skills, we will train them.
We are looking for a self-motivated, multi-tasker able to handle the fast pace of world of transporting perishable products. Job will include working with establish carriers and developing relationships with new vendors, work with selected contractors to create loads to haul produce all over the United States.
Day will consist of cold- calling, follow up on current loads in transit, -record keeping of rates, creating loads with various orders pending/ mixer loads and other tasks associated with transportation.
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles
- Plan and organize to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with the organization’s goals
- Logistics; Assess and apply procedures to improve efficiencies
- Involved in the negotiation and authorization of contracts and other forms of purchases and procurements that are related to transportation
- Develop indicators that measure and show the effectiveness of the company’s transportation operations
- Collaborate with managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
- Negotiate services and rates
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints
- Implement schedule and policy changes
- Develop and implement growth opportunities and company profits
- Implement management recommendations (Fees and Scheduling)
- Maintain open communications to organize activities that will enhance company’s general performance
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures
- Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Ability to work well with all team members
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity
- Ability to read and write in Spanish highly desired.
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports company's goals and values. Leads by example
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Uses time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly. Keeps work area clean and organized
- Employee must have the ability to walk, talk, hear, see, speak, concentrate, reach in all directions, stoop, bend, lift up to 40 lbs.
- Use a computer, telephone and other equipment needed for the position
- Possess the ability to reason and communicate clearly with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must possess excellent communication skills with emphasis on the ability to effectively produce and distribute information across different units (Internal/External)
- Must possess excellent leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and team leader
- Excellent analytical and computer skills
- Excellent time management abilities
- Excellent negotiation skills and excellent decision-making ability
- Excellent customer service skills as to be able to maintain/retain existing customers
- Regulatory Compliance Experience a plus
- Associates Degree in related field and/or 5 years plus working experience in a similar role or capacity
- Experience with transportation, logistics management and an understanding of DOT and PACA regulations is preferred