Paragon Foods is the premier distributor of fresh and specialty foods to the restaurant and foodservice industry in Western Pennsylvania. The company operates an 88,000 square foot distribution facility in Warrendale, PA, located 18 miles north of Pittsburgh. In addition to fresh produce, Paragon provides other premium quality products to restaurants, hospitals, universities and K-12 schools, clubs and corporate dining clients throughout Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and Northern West Virginia.
We now have a tremendous opportunity for a Senior Manager of Production to join our team in Warrendale, PA.
The Senior Manager of Production will manage people and processes to efficiently produce fresh cut fruits and vegetables according to written product specifications. Exercising a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, this hands-on position will direct production scheduling, process configuration, and employee training, along with Equipment and Facility maintenance programs. The Senior Manager of Production will collaborate with VP of Operations and Production on creation of budget and performance metrics, monitoring and adjusting people and processes in order to meet or exceed productivity expectations.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Five (5) years progressive experience in fresh produce processing environment, preferably high volume, with three (3) year in a supervisory role
- Experience with vertical form and fill packaging equipment preferred
- Experience must include direct responsibility for performing root cause analysis and driving continuous improvement processes and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to identify, lead and motivate a team and develop individual talent
- Strong organizational ability; plan and prioritize own activities and monitor prioritization decisions of others
- Advanced skills in MS Office; knowledge of ERP software, Produce Pro experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary ($80,000-$85,000 DOE), and an excellent opportunity to take your production career to the next level.