Primo began distributing top-notch, fresh produce in 1991. Today, you’ll also find we deliver premium olive oils, teas, and local, artisanal cheeses throughout the Mid-Atlantic states and New England.
As the company continues to grow, our highest priority is continuing to provide the same personal touch our customers received when their orders filled our very first truck.
That’s the Primo difference.
We now have an immediate opening for an experienced SQF/PCQI Practitioner to join our Food Safety team in Allentown, PA.
The SQF/PCQI Practitioner will:
- Implement, review and maintain the facility SQF food safety management system.
- Maintain, verify, and validate the Food Safety Plan as outlined in the SQF code and FSMA.
- Administer the SQF training program, including training and verification.
- Support operations and quality personnel in the application and compliance monitoring of SQF, environmental, health, safety and quality requirements.
- Facilitate Food Safety Committee and HACCP team meetings.
- Plan and perform Mock Recalls.
- Organize and maintain Supplier Approval Program.
- Organize and maintain Approve Chemical Program.
- Conducts self-inspections on a monthly basis, documents and brings about corrective actions as needed.
- Oversee and educate sanitation department on appropriate practices
- Verification and Validation activities are the responsibility of the SQF Practitioner.
- Manage the day to day activities of the QA staff and department.
- Perform environmental swab testing per required schedule, communicate with external testing lab, file completed reports, and report to site management potential threats to food safety/quality.
- Scheduling and Conduction of Internal Audits.
- Manage all third-party quality and food safety audits and visits.
Please apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- A degree in Food Science or Microbiology
- Must be experienced as an SQF/PCQI Practitioner in a produce or foodservice distribution.
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated warehouse
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Must be detail oriented with good judgement and planning skills
- Computer skills including MS Windows, Excel
Primo offers competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription, paid time off/vacation, 401(k) and more.