The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial and technological decision- making that affects our company while providing strategic input to senior management. While overseeing the accounting and the information technology processes, the CFO will play a key role in developing and implementing improvements to the respective aspects of our organization.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & STRATEGY:
- Develop and maintain annual operating budget.
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of regular financial planning reports including monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget) and weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of business initiatives (e.g., sales initiatives, new service launches, etc.).
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company's long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team.
- Present financial reports to EC and Board.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
ACCOUNTING & ADMINISTRATION:
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- Oversee and coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Oversee the development and management of accounting staff.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY & PLANNING:
- Oversee IT Department and ensure the department structure aligns with organizational needs.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department.
- Oversight of IT vendor negotiations and IT architecture and infrastructure in the organization to ensure optimal performance.
- Oversight of Information Risk Management.
- Oversee and participate in strategic and operational planning of IT initiatives to achieve business goals.
- Participate in the Technology Oversight Team.
- Analyze costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance with organizational structure and operating agreements.
- Primary interface with outside legal counsel. Establish relationship with such counsel and manage relationship.
- Mentor and develop a direct team of three; this includes managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- B.S. Required, CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Proven experience as leader of IT Department.
- Excellent knowledge of IT Systems and Infrastructure.
- A strong strategic and business mindset.
- At least five years of experience as CFO, CIO or equivalent.
- Knowledge of business-related law topics including contracts and legal entity structures.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial and IT management strategies.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of retail, restaurant and/or grocery industries.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Wellness Plan