PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the foodservice industry. For two decades, PRO*ACT has been providing foodservice operators with the distinct benefit of streamlining the produce supply chain – offering significant cost benefits and an easy one-call solution to secure the freshest produce.
We are comprised of over 70 third-party food safety-inspected distribution centers across the United States and Canada. As America’s Coast-to-Coast source for fresh produce, PRO*ACT contracts with the industry’s leading growers and shippers, providing the foodservice industry with the “PRO*ACT Advantage” in product quality, safety and value.
Based in beautiful Monterey, CA, and right next door to Salinas ("the Salad Bowl of the World"), you will enjoy living and working in one of the most beautiful areas of California's Central Coast. We foster a team environment, where you'll be surrounded by seasoned veterans in very nice office setting minutes from Monterey, Salinas, Carmel and more. Just 100 miles up highway 101 you'll find the city life of San Francisco and the Bay Area. ProAct is a great place to work, and the area is a beautiful place to live!
We are currently seeking an experienced and talented Senior HR Manager to join our team. The Senior HR Manager will be responsible for partnering with leadership and teams on all activities from talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, organization support, learning and development.
- Provide direction, leadership, and support on all HR-related processes/activities to leaders and team members within all levels and functions.
- Act as the primary contact for employee inquiries on policies, procedures, benefits, and practices.
- Interact daily with employees to answer questions and facilitate issue resolution, improve employee engagement and maintain the visibility of the HR function.
- Resolve employee relations issues in a fair and equitable manner and serve as a sounding board for concerns, issues, and questions. Provide leadership and appropriate conflict resolution techniques to leaders in a day to day resolution of employment issues.
- Ensure positive employee relations by proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution, and fair & equitable treatment.
- Recommend strategies for maintaining a positive work environment.
- Manage HR administrative & transactional work processes, such as benefits administration, leaves of absence, Worker’s Compensation, HR systems, and recordkeeping, either within the department or through third-party vendor management.
- Manage Compliance with regards to standards and reporting: OSHA, EEO-1, etc.
- Recruit for top talent and manage processes including applicant screening and selection, pre-employment checks and onboarding sessions.
- Ensure legal compliance by staying apprised of all state and federal statutes and regulations including wage and hour laws, and regulations related to FMLA, AAP/EEO, and ADA.
- Assist with onsite training and development programs, including DiSC, Supervisor Training and emerging Leader's Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years HR generalist experience, with 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications and HRIS proficiency.
- Previous payroll processing experience.
- PHR/SPHR strongly preferred.
- Current knowledge of HR and business-related federal and state labor laws.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong employee relations experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to work with individuals across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and drive for results.
- Excellent conflict management abilities, using diplomacy and tact.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize daily operations, as well as short and long-term projects, and also to flex priorities as needed.
- Proven interpersonal skills to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse population
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, manage multiple projects, set priorities, pro-actively resolve challenges in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.