The essential function of this position is to support the sales department. This position is an integral part of a successful import/domestic season as well as the sales team and ensures operational excellence by supporting not only the sales personnel, but our customers and other business partners.
Support the Sales Department
- Manage Phones: not limited to just answering and passing to salespeople but establishing personal relationships with our business partners.
- Faxing/Emailing time specific customer documents first thing in the morning and throughout the day as necessary.
- Keying in sales orders and other information into the accounting system daily.
- Management of trouble files and assisting with follow up with Sales reps to clear up accounts receivables.
- Running reports and distributing to the sales staff as needed.
- Filing throughout the work week.
- Assisting in analyzing freight and miscellaneous/other charges on sales order. Bringing to sales team any issues.
- Ensuring that all transactions are completed within each week (order detail)
- Recognizing variances in sales orders and figuring out where discrepancies are coming from.
- Assist in helping with Receipts/Sales/Repacking transactions during import season.
- Mailing of daily customer invoices and a/p payments made to vendors.
- Filing of Order files once completed.
- Prepare order of office supplies.
- Agree with and stand by the Company Mission Statement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal/teamwork skills required.
- Superior organization, planning, multitasking and prioritizing skills.
- Positive, outgoing personality.
- Be able to easily form relationships with business partners.
- Solid computer knowledge: Microsoft office programs.
- Famous Software knowledge is preferred.
- We are an extremely team driven company, as part of a team approach to meeting the needs of the business we expect cheerful cooperation from all employees to help meet whatever jobs and duties arise in other departments of the company.