Produce Connection specializes in processing produce for both retail and wholesale clients. We are constantly investing in our operation to improve any and every aspect of what we do. Our team is the key to our success. We are looking for a Food Safety Director that will be hands on in creating and building our food safety team. We believe that the qualified candidate will find their dream job working with our team.
Produce Connection specializes in processing produce for both retail and wholesale clients. We pride ourselves on operating a facility that is second to none and will never allow the bar to be lowered. We are in search of an enthusiastic, exceptionally qualified, food safety director that wants to be part of something special.
- Minimum of five years’ experience specific to produce processing and 10 years overall food safety experience.
- Experience should include having created and managed a team.
- SQF or greater food safety qualifications.
- Willingness to work hands on with all shifts in order to train and grow the team.
- Ability to look critically at processes to determine simple solutions to complex problems and challenges.
- Develop effective training videos and tools for all our employees.
- Produce Pro Software experience will move you to the front of the line.
- Bilingual in Spanish is desired, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review current food safety plan and build a 5-year plan for the department with anticipated execution timeframes.
- Oversee all food safety employees for all shifts.
- Manage and execute our entire food safety plan including sanitation.
- Assist in building the food safety plan into Produce Pro’s customizable food safety application.
- Vendor food safety requirements are to be reviewed, audited, and required for new vendors.
- Training food safety team and all production employees in proper GMPs.
- Participate within leadership team on operations and strategic vision creation and execution.
- Schedule and execute third party audits and other certifications.
- Lead out during FDA and USDA audits and investigations.
- Coordinate review and improvement of our food safety plan with consultants.
- You get to be a part of building something special.
- An ownership that will support your efforts.
- Pay will be equal to your experience and ability to execute in all areas and times of production.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.