As a Territory Transportation Manager, you will be responsible for procuring new customers and developing existing customer relationships, as well as procuring and booking available truckload capacity to move our customer’s fresh produce from your assigned growing areas in the US to our customers’ facilities.
You will create working relationships with carrier partners to service our customer’s freight at the highest level while also buying at fair market rates. Since we value service above everything else, we expect the team to add value to each transaction by proactively communicating issues, swiftly handling problem/resolution and constantly prioritizing customer satisfaction.
The Produce Plus Logistics and Transportation team is a well-established team that has been serving the needs of shipper and receivers throughout the US for over 35 years. Servicing our customers has been key to our success and what differentiates us from our competition. We are currently looking for candidates who share our passion for success through hard work and delivering results.
We value each member of the team and prioritize culture that brings out the best in our team. We have a casual dress code, open door policy as well as an energetic, friendly and supportive work environment.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary and incentive plan
- Health Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Cultivate working relationships with our Customer and new Customer Partners to execute repeat business
- Source and book available trucks to haul fresh produce
- Negotiate fair market rates
- Cultivate working relationships with Carrier partners to execute repeat business
- Manage Carrier Accounts and hold accountability for the best service
- Ensure that all freight is picked up and delivered on time
- Proactively communicate potential delays during the life of a shipment
- Actively troubleshoot issues as they arise in daily operations
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Bring new transportation partners to constantly mature our carrier network
- Fresh Produce or Transportation Industry background preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work well on a team