ProducePay has created the first-ever online marketplace for fresh perishable produce. The Los Angeles-based company has raised over $290MM+ to help the multi-billion dollar Agriculture Industry and work with hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world. At the intersection of Tech, Finance, and Ag, ProducePay’s product is as fascinating as it is challenging. We are committed to building a better supply chain for fresh produce, one that places trust at the center of every transaction. We think that food is the essence of life and that how we grow our food is linked to many of today’s challenges (health, climate, water, and more).
We are seeking an experienced sales leader to manage an elite team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs). This manager will be an integral part of ProducePay’s expansion in the US market and will take an active role in driving sales processes, managing junior sales team members, and achieving aggressive growth objectives.
As a Sales Development Manager, you will scale and manage a team of SDRs. We expect you to effectively develop, motivate and lead through inspiration, mentorship, and a “results-driven” approach. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the team, will help develop new sales tactics, and will effectively collaborate with other functions to drive performance.
- Drive ProducePay’s growth by ensuring the rapid acquisition of new US customers, specifically focused on US fresh produce growers and buyers
- Manage the daily, weekly, and monthly performance of a team of SDRs
- Monitor performance KPIs and effectively manage via sales CRM
- Work collaboratively with SDRs, Sales Leadership, and Marketing to develop the most effective sales pitches and approaches for new customers
- Handle customer objections and serve as team’s go-to “closer”
- Leverage existing network of relationships in the fresh produce industry to drive sales
- Actively participate in training, hiring, coaching, and long-term growth of sales team
- 5 or more years of sales experience in the fresh produce industry (e.g. farm, exporter, importer, distributor, wholesaler)
- 3 to 5 years of management experience, with a minimum of 3 to 5 direct reports
- Familiarly with Sales CRM technology solutions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong network of relationships within the produce industry
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish speakers are preferred but not required
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.