ProSource is a year-round grower, packer, shipper of Onions and Potatoes. ProSource is rapidly growing company, focused customer service every day and bring each of our customers the personal attention they need in order to source the best quality onions, potatoes or many other fresh produce item needs.
ProSource is seeking an experienced individual to join our team as Transportation Manager to work out of our Hailey ID or Idaho Falls, ID office.
This position will be responsible for the freight supply chain strategy in this continually dynamic and changing environment. This role will be heavily focused on short- and long-term strategy to improve our supply chain model to provide maximum value to our customer and organization. Experience in perishable and time sensitive supply chain is required. Strong team player is a must!
- Transportation coordination for the ProSource customer for multiple commodities and shipping geographies.
- Develop a strategy for making sure freight is covered and delivered on time.
- Create a model that ensures freight capacity is sustainable and scalable for growth long and short term.
- Negotiate transportation contracts and spot market quotes.
- Manage of carrier contracts and performance through regular communication and formal carrier reviews.
- Continuous improvement of systems, process, and communication to ensure performance of carrier base and deliverables.
- Maintain effective and proactive relationships with carriers and internal teams to execution of commitments and customer expectations.
- Carrier development.
- 5+ years’ experience in produce and/or logistics/supply chain required.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, written and verbal required.
- Computer proficiency excel, TMS software, famous etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience required.
- Must excel in fast paced team environment.
- Competitive Salary
- Heath and Dental Insurance
- 401K retirement with company match