This position is responsible for the overall operations of the company. This position is responsible to ensure all plant operations comply with state and federal regulations and does so at a profit.
- Works with plant staff to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Tracks company metrics to ensure profitable operations.
- Ensure that company meets safety requirements as outlined by OSHA, federal, state and company regulations.
- Report on all areas of plant operations back to the owners of the company.
- Ensure that employees are trained and knowledgeable regarding products and food safety requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software— CNC Mastercam; Geometric CAMWorks; Siemens NX for Manufacturing.
- Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Industrial control software — Computer numerical control CNC software.
- Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Mathematics — using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Category Flexibility — the ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning — the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F).
FOOD SAFETY & FOOD SECURITY RESPONSIBILITY:
- All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized.
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs].
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience in medium scale food production is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.