Renaissance Food Group is a fresh food company with a mission to create fresh, healthy, good food. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA with four company-owned fresh food facilities located in Sacramento and Riverside, CA; Houston, TX; and Green Cove Springs, FL, we proudly handcraft our Garden Highway branded products on a made-to-order production model. At Renaissance Food Group, we pride ourselves on employee retention by investing in our team members through opportunities for advancement and individual growth. We believe the key to our recipe for success lies within our people, and strive to empower passionate individuals who share the same sense of family, dedication, and pride.
Drives sustainable supply chain practices through effective supplier management and raw product procurement with the goals to reduce costs, improve quality, and deliver optimal service for customers. This will involve interfacing and coordinating efforts with Operations, Sales, Business Development, Plant teams and other departments as necessary. Provides direct on-site support to Regional Directors of Operations.
- Working under the guidance of Corporate Operations, create and implement supply chain management processes that encompass effective planning and management of all activities involved in sourcing and procurement, conversion, and relevant logistics management activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with channel partners; growers, suppliers, intermediaries, third party service providers, and customers.
- Liaison between Operations & Sales functions to align with company manufacturing strategy in planning, scheduling, and sequencing supply chain to maximize Quality, Production, & Logistics.
- Be familiar with and study key planning activities that bring manufacturing strategies to life through timely coordination of orders, materials, capacity, labor, raw product costs/yields and inventory at plant level.
- Work, communicate and support Business Unit Team to ensure supply chain needs and specifications are being met at plant level to achieve optimal manufacturing requirements.
- Enhance raw product specifications with supply base and develop relationships with supply base to ensure year round coverage.
- Learn Company product specifications and production processes to align with raw product parameters to ensure Supply Chain is meeting Production & QA requirements.
- Work closely with Quality & Food Safety team to ensure vendor compliance and new vendor process for Vendor Approval Process.
- Develop strong working relations with key staff at production facility.
- Assist in the coordination of new product launch requirements & seasonal product transitions. This will involve the integration of Sales & Operations staff and extend to production facilities, plant production and Regional Directors of Operations.
- Coordinate logistic opportunities to insure efficiencies in transportation of product into the plants at the optimal costs.
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs].
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
- Transportation — Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Analytical or scientific software — Minitab ; SAP APO; Simulation and modeling software.
- Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access; Structured query language SQL.
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics ; Oracle Hyperion; Oracle PeopleSoft ; SAP.
- Inventory management software — IBM ILOG Inventory Analyst; Oracle Inventory.
- Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software — Infor Lawson Supply Chain Management; Oracle e-Business Suite Supply Chain Management; SAP SCM; Swisslog WarehouseManager.
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Food Science, Business and/or 5+ years’ experience in other relevant discipline or field acceptable.
- Five to seven years’ experience required.
- Experience in food manufacturing setting preferred.