Are you interested in a Farm Technician position that provides technical farming support to a research station? Do you have experience in agriculture, growing, and farm equipment? Do you want to work for a people-oriented company with excellent benefits? If so, apply for the Farm Technician full-time position at our location in Gonzales, California.
The purpose of the Farm Technician role is to assist in delivering on project goals by providing technical assistance on the farm and to support the Station Manager with the functional activities of a research station.
- Functioning as an integral member of a field trialing team, responsible for crop production inputs utilizing irrigation equipment, tractors, planters, combines and other farm implements. Other duties include packaging, mapping, staking, planting, pruning, tying, harvesting, data collection, pollinating, seed processing, and recording information.
- Performing all tasks and behaving in a manner compliant with and in support of all safety related company policies and practices, including completing all required Company training courses and attending local safety and tailgate meetings.
- On-call for various types of farm emergencies or unscheduled work based on business needs or weather.
- In areas of responsibility and in concert with the farm, assist in determining quantities, and arrange and/or apply needed agricultural chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides, fumigants).
- Input and maintain data in functional data systems.
- Involvement in all activities of the selection nurseries, disease and insect screening, and commercial trials.
- Be able to obtain a pesticide applicator and fumigation license.
- Assist in the overseeing of tasks completed by third-party labor to ensure accurate results.
- Effectively communicating regularly and with peers and supervisors regarding the status of projects and work activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate is Spanish speaking, has a high school diploma, growing experience, and prior experience running and maintaining farm equipment.
- Physical demands of the essential functions: Capable of working in high or low temperature conditions in the field or greenhouses. Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds. Capable of working long hours during time-critical periods of the research cycle.
- Potential allergens-pollen, fungal spores, chemical pesticides in field or greenhouse. Exposure to high and low temperatures, sun, rain, high humidity and dust.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Please upload your resume and cover letter to: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2569641
You can address your cover letter to Rick Falconer, a Managing Director of Rijk Zwaan USA. If you experience trouble with the link, please contact Loretta Brown for assistance at L.firstname.lastname@example.org.