Sacramento Valley Walnut Growers LLC Employer Introduction: Sacramento Valley Walnut Growers, LLC. is a grower owned processor and marketer of California walnuts. We are dedicated to providing high quality walnuts to customers throughout the world. SVWG was founded by a small group of growers that wanted to take their family farming traditions to the next level - to directly market a healthy food to consumers, to enrich the fabric of our local communities and create a legacy for future generations. The sense of family extends to the experienced management team and dedicated employees that produce consistent, high-quality products each day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Food Safety Specialist to join us in Yuba City, CA.
As the Food Safety Specialist you will ensure the safety, integrity, quality, and legality of all products shipped and processed at facility. Ensure compliance with all food processing regulatory and customer requirements. Ensure overall effectiveness and efficiency of food safety programs.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Food Science and Technology, Chemistry, or equivalent bachelor’s degree or food processing experience.
- Knowledge of GFSI auditing schemes (BRC certification preferred) and proficient in root cause analysis.
- HACCP certified and proficient in conducting hazard analysis and risk assessments.
- Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Effective report and program writing skills; ability to read and interpret regulatory and scientific documents.
- Bi-lingual a plus, and ability to work with diverse workforce.
- Tree nut and tree nut industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and clearly communicate direction to teams.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Adaptability to respond quickly to challenges in the production process.
If you have what we’re looking for, come join us and take the next step in your Food Safety Career!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.