In operations since 1983, we are family owned and proud to have gained the reputation of “Setting the Standard” in our respective industries. Our companies are vertically integrated to provide full service growing, labor and harvesting services to well-known growers and shippers who provide fruits and vegetables to the nation's leading grocery and food service users. We employ about 80% of our work force utilizing the H-2A Guest Worker program which is presently the only legal solution to fill the growing need for agriculture labor. We are now the largest privately owned employer of H-2A Guest Workers in the United States, managing over 50 housing sites coordinating transportation and food service to over 6,000 guest workers per year. We also have Mexico growing operations providing conventional agriculture products that meet modern LGMA food safety standards and serves as another option to help mitigate the risks of growing and harvesting crops in the United States.
We are seeking a self directed, Controller or experienced Accounting Manager looking for growth to undertake all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, and analysis, as well as development and oversight of internal control policies and procedures. Oversee and perform the month-end financial close to include: journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, analysis, and reporting. Requires thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles; extensive Excel and General Ledger systems knowledge; Agriculture industry experience a plus; FAMOUS software knowledge a plus; ability to perform in a fast paced high pressure environment; strong verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Proven working experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating job costing spreadsheets
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Field of Study: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent is required
Experience: 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- 5+ years of experience in general accounting to include balance sheet and income statement.
- Proven track record of increased responsibility.
- Energetic, knowledgeable, and respectful management style.
- Strong organizational development skills.
- Solid understanding of accounting, margin analysis and the ability to develop a system of management cost reports.
- Knowledge and expertise in FAMOUS (Payroll & Accounting software)
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing responsibilities, meets deadlines and works well under pressure.
- Proficiency in the English language, verbal and written and ability to communicate with team members and inter-company personnel.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, electronic mail, FAMOUS, Google Apps, Smartsheet, Evernote and other word and spreadsheet programs.
- Proficiency in the English language, verbal and written, and ability to communicate with team members and inter company personnel in Spanish.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Word, Excel, electronic mail, FAMOUS, and Google Docs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks and organize tasks.
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.