Location: Heber, Ca
Job Type: Full-Time/Year Round
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer Position Type: Salaried
The Scaroni Family of Companies is seeking a self directed, experienced Controller to undertake all aspects of general accounting with respect to the balance sheet and income statement, monthly financial reporting, as well as the development and oversight of internal control policies and procedures.
Oversee the month-end financial close of all companies and reporting processes; financial planning and analysis, budget comparisons, etc. Reconciling various reports and financial data, journal entries, and accounting staff supervision.
Requires thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, extensive Excel and general ledger systems knowledge; FAMOUS software knowledge a plus; ability to perform in a fast paced high pressure environment, and manage long-distance functions and personnel; direct work of accounting staff to successfully meet financial deadlines; strong verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Manage accounting and finance department for a premier Agriculture company; develop policies, procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of the financial results including the planning, budgeting and reporting of operations. This person will be responsible to ensure the development of a scalable infrastructure to support a dynamic, growing company.
- Supervise accounting and finance; supervise all aspects of accounting, including financial planning and analysis, fixed assets, general accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. This individual will be responsible to ensure that all policies, controls, and process improvement activities are successfully completed to support operational requirements.
- Partner with operations, to ensure accurate and effective controls, accounting processes, systems and procedures. The Controller should have an operations focus, tailoring financial reporting to support decision making. Financial information and reports should be relevant and timely.
- Partner with CFO for financial and strategic planning and audits.
- Provide analytical and well documented reports for management team.
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans.
- Prepare departmental and consolidated financial analysis and reports for presentation to both internal and external stakeholders in both GAAP and non GAAP formats.
- Present financial information in “dashboard” format to Owners and Managers.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; lanning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date professional and technical knowledge.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Substantial accounting and finance knowledge and prior experience in a high volume food, agriculture or manufacturing company is desired.
- Proven track ecord of increased responsibility in a finance department.
- Energetic, knowledgeable, and respectful management style.
- Strong organizational development skills.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Solid understanding of cost accounting, margin analysis and the ability to develop a system of management cost reports.
- Knowledge and expertise in FAMOUS (Payroll& Accounting software)
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in the English language, verbal and written and ability to communicate with team members and inter-company personnel.
- Knowledge and advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, electronic mail, FAMOUS, Google Docs and the ability to learn new and other programs (Google Apps, Smartsheet, Evernote, etc).
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines, and workwell under pressure..
- Excellent verbal and written communicationskills.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex written material such as legal documents and benefit summaries.
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks and organize tasks.
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment.
- This role will require travel to the company’s areas of operations up to and including overnight travel as needed (travel 25% to 35% of the time).
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Proven working experience as a Controller.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Field of Study: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent is required
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Employer paid premium health, dental and vision package
- Retirement Plan 401(K)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.