The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting the organization. As a generalist, this position performs activities in the multiple HR functional areas, including but not limited to: administering leaves, worker's compensation administration, benefits, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, employment law compliance.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as leaves, transfers, using human resources management system software. Track dates of employment for eligibility and return to work.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Maintain and update human resources documents.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school, Preferred) or Work Equivalent.
- Field of Study: HR or Related Field
- Experience: 3 plus years of experience
- Computer Skills: Excellent Excel Skills, MS Office (i.e. word, publisher, etc.).
- General Office Equipment Technical Know-How, Social Media Savvy, Google & Google Apps
General office environment mostly but will be required to travel to the harvesting fields as needed for training, investigations, etc. May encounter extreme weather, hot, cold, wet and/or muddy conditions.
**Salary wage rate will be upon experience.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.