Primary focus will include month end close, financial and cost analysis, capital planning, fixed asset accounting, cost savings, budgeting, strategic planning, banking including wire transfers and credit card accounting, and continuous improvement projects across all areas of the organization.
Requires thorough knowledge of accounting procedures in the agriculture industry including but not limited to growing, harvesting, cooling, & transporting; extensive Excel and General Ledger systems knowledge; FAMOUS software knowledge a plus; ability to perform in a fast-paced high pressure environment; ability to collaborate across functions and with all levels of personnel in the organization; strong verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual preferred but not required.
Develop, prepare and publish periodic reports to track all aspects of accounting and financial statements, capital projects, budgets and forecasts.
Identify and develop policies, procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of the financial results including the planning, budgeting and reporting of operations.
Partner with operations to ensure accurate and effective internal controls, accounting processes, systems training and procedures. The candidate should have an operations focus, tailoring financial reporting to support decision making. Financial information and reports should be relevant and timely.
Provide weekly accurate reports and compare to budgeted amounts analyzing and reporting any variances.
Provide analytical and well documented reports for management team on weekly/monthly and end of season basis.
Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans.
Develop, prepare and present specialized reports, forecasts, profitability analysis, pricing analysis, other ad-hoc projects and complex financial models.
Maintain strong working relationships with internal customers in various organizations and work proactively to identify and solve problems.
Identify, analyze and interpret meaningful financial trends and propose action plans for improvement.
Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Proven working experience as accountant/analyst
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating budget and forecast spreadsheets
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Experience: 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Substantial accounting and 5+ years in direct accounting.
- Proven track record of increased responsibility in a accounting department.
- Energetic, knowledgeable, and respectful management style.
- Strong organizational development skills.
- Solid understanding of accounting, margin analysis and the ability to develop a system of management reports.
- Knowledge and expertise in FAMOUS (Payroll & Accounting software)
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in the English language, verbal and written and ability to communicate with team members and inter-company personnel.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, electronic mail, FAMOUS, Google Apps, Smartsheet, Evernote and other word and spreadsheet programs.
- Proficiency in the English language, verbal and written, and ability to communicate with team members and intercompany personnel in Spanish.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Word, Excel, electronic mail, FAMOUS, and Google Docs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks and organize tasks.
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment.
- This role will require travel to the company's areas of operations (domestic/international) up to and including overnight travel as needed (travel 25% to 35% of the time).
- Field of Study: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent is required