Second Harvest Food Bank provides over 8 million pounds of food assistance annually, to over 55,000 people per month, through its network of 200 member agencies and programs. By increasing access to healthy food, Second Harvest is making a profound impact towards growing a healthier community.
We now have an opportunity for an Inventory Manager to join our team in Watsonville, CA.
The Inventory Manager oversees product inventory ensuring and verifying the safety and accuracy of both food and non-food items at Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz County. This leadership role maintains inventories with a high degree of accuracy to identify and solve issues for item tracking, movement, and storage. Responsible for two or more warehouses.
We are looking for someone with:
- Two to three years’ experience in an inventory control environment and supply chain operations.
- Experience with an ERP system, Ceres preferred.
- Solid computer skills. Preferably in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Hands-on related warehouse experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of safe food handling requirements for transport and storage.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge of produce and ability to determine quality and estimate edibility.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team, foster teamwork, and provide excellent service to coworkers and clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with people of various ages, educational, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is desirable.
- Forklift certification preferred or must be willing to enroll in training program immediately upon hire.
- Must have access to a motor vehicle, as well as valid auto insurance coverage, for occasional driving on the job.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record, as documented by a current MVR (will be obtained by the Food Bank’s insurance carrier).
In exchange we offer:
- For the employee: free dental and vision insurance (shared cost for dependents). Free life, long-term care, long-term disability, and AD&D insurances.
- Shared cost medical insurance: Kaiser and Blue Shield. Eligibility begins on the first day of month following 30 days of employment (i.e. if you are hired June 20th, you are eligible starting August 1st).
- This benefit package is valued at an average of over ten thousand dollars a year.
- First year: 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 holidays.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan: Second Harvest matches employee contributions up to an annual cap.
- Employee Assistance Program