Shenandoah Growers is at the forefront of developing ‘organic’ ‘state of the art’ indoor multi-level indoor controlled growing sites, using our decades of commercial-scale growing expertise. Our commercial unit at R11 is the commercial test center of this exciting technology which is helping to change US horticulture. This unit is the vital link between R&D and the future. We are looking for an experienced senior grower who is not afraid of a challenge, hard work, continuous improvement, and pushing the boundaries of horticulture. We need an analytical, well-organized grower, obsessed with detail, data, and maximizing quality and taste. You will be working closely with R&D, our grow teams, and sales to help develop growing protocols that will form the basis of future US growing techniques on a commercial scale. Do a good job at this site and the world is your oyster! This really is a unique opportunity at a very exciting time for LED lighting technology and USA horticulture. Be part of the future!
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Grower to join our team in Harrisonburg, VA.
The Senior Grower will work with the location’s management team to ensure that all aspects of growing processes are operating effectively. The Sr. Grower coordinates efforts aimed at optimizing all aspects of the site’s product growing function throughout the entire growth process, including but not limited to, team management, plant handling, collection and analysis of environmental and production data. A big component of this position is the ability to consistently deliver on high priority projects simultaneously as well as assist all Farm Operations teams and management in a wide range of different activities. This position reports to General Manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, foreign equivalent or related field required
- 7 Years of growing experience in greenhouse and irrigation systems.
- Working knowledge of quality systems, food safety programs, GMPs, food defense, and HACCP
- Ability to identify insects and plant diseases
- Highly proficient in knowledge of fertilization calculations
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bi-lingual English & Spanish preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork and flexibility to get the job done
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to lead and motivate people
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office 365
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a truly great organization!