The National Sales Manager for our consumer business is responsible for driving profitable sales growth. He/she will manage existing key accounts across a range of distribution channels, lead a national sales organization of independent representatives calling on the grocery channel and develop new channel partners.
As a leadership team member, he/she will be responsible for sales performance across various consumer distribution channels and for the creation of marketing initiatives to move the business forward.
- Leading all external sales resources operating in the company’s Consumer sales channel.
- Developing sales goals for the indirect sales representatives and leading those representatives toward achievement.
- Initiating new business development and opening new national/key accounts.
- Growing and developing existing clients.
- Tracking sales and marketing activity against annual corporate goals and implementing changes to assure accomplishment.
- Researching competition, gaining insights, and developing action plans to build market share.
- Attending industry trade shows and key account conferences.
- Developing and implementing business plans and proposals for significant current and future business opportunities.
- Acting as the key interface between the customer/retailer and Simply Fresco
- Identifying sales opportunities and implementing marketing products/programs to fulfill the needs.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of sales, methods, selling costs, and results and implementing changes as needed to improve results.
- Managing sales budgets and overseeing the management of operating expenses..
- Coordinating the management of all other Consumer Sales accounts.
- Supervising the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs to all Consumer sales and distribution channels.
- Managing, coaching, and developing the Sales Coordinator role.
- Establishing and implementing short- and long-range consumer goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating all Consumer sales representatives and distributors.
- Coordinating and facilitating a fully functioning Sales Representative/Channel Council.
- Contributing cross-functionally as a strong member of the Executive Leadership Team for the company.
Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in a senior-level CPG sales position.
Previous channel management experience is a requirement.
Demonstrated sales management ability in a multimillion dollar sales channel with a strong preference for prior consumer package goods experience.
Strong key and national account management skills.
Demonstrated relationship building skills internally with key support partners and colleagues and externally with key sales resources.
Experience in strategic sales planning and execution.
Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals, revenue expectations, and pricing strategies.
Extensive indirect channel sales experience.
Demonstrated success in growing an indirect sales organization.
Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong group facilitation skills.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
60% travel is required.