A career at Skagit Horticulture is challenging, rewarding, and satisfying. We accomplish our goals when each individual performs to their full potential while contributing as a valuable team player with others in the organization.
Skagit Horticulture is a diversified producer of crops sold to Home Stores, Independent Garden Centers, Wholesale Greenhouse Growers and Specialty Agriculture. The company maintains extensive production facilities in Mount Vernon and Mabton, WA, as well as in Watsonville, CA.
The Agricultural Division is expanding production of high quality, virus indexed field transplants in the hop, wine grape, berry and fruit tree markets.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: The Agricultural Division is an emerging division at Skagit Horticulture. Sales Administrator/Customer Service Rep role will be responsible for developing business processes, entering data, communicating with customers and internal teams in order to support sales goals. Primary work will be onsite in Mabton, WA, but candidate will be expected to develop communication channels with appropriate corporate team and align processes where appropriate. This will include traveling to Mount Vernon office as needed.
- Skagit Horticulture promotes the leadership skills you need to become a better leader. Skagit Horticulture’s philosophy is to conduct yourself professionalism and treat others with respect.
- Develop business processes from sales order to shipping to finance
- Create tracking models for necessary sales agreements, deposits and internal forecasts
- Data entry as necessary to support sales
- Manage pricing tables and communicate with brokers as necessary
- Manage and monitor availability tables
- Coordinate shipments with internal teams, carriers and customers
- Travel to trade shows and customer visits as required
- Other duties as assigned
Coaching and Training:
- You will receive internal coaching and training, should you need additional continuing education, please see your immediate supervisor.
Required / Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently, manage and prioritize multiple projects, be a team player
- Excellent sales, people, verbal, math, and writing skills
- Agricultural industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Minimum two years of office administration or customer service experience
- Collaborative team member, at work, as well as with customers
- Candidate should have strong people and problem-solving skills
- High integrity and respect for confidentiality requirements
- Intermediate competency in Microsoft Office®
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean and safe.
- Maintain a zero-tolerance attitude for unsafe work practices
- Skagit Horticulture offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and 8 paid holidays.