S&L Wholesale Produce opened for business in April 2012, located in the San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market. S&L is unique in the fact that it is the only company on the market whose owner is also a grower and supplier. Larry Balestra farms year-round to provide staple products for multiple companies on the produce market, including his own, as well as for his fruit stand in the Suisun Valley. In addition to his products, we source from multiple suppliers, large and small, located throughout California.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist position will be responsible for all activities in the Accounts Receivable functions, including invoicing, cash receipts and collection activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Learn our accounting software system and how to record payments within it
- Learn how to perform accounts receivable tasks within Quickbooks
- Record all daily payments in both platforms (learn how to export from one to another
- Record deposits within Quickbooks and make sure it balances
- Organize daily invoices (charge, cash, paid, etc) and file
- Work on accounts receivable aging and collection from customers that are past due
- Print/email/mail all statements weekly (on Fridays).
- Work on collecting all customer contact information that has not previously been collected (work with an accounting specialist to clear out bad ebt, etc)
- Work on sales floor collecting cash and writing down all invoices/payment so that you can balance at the end of the day
- Organize all previous invoices/statements
And, they will have:
- Ability to work with others and maintain a professional attitude
- Prior knowledge of Quickbooks
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Basic computer knowledge
- Organization skills
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a starting salary of $800 to $1,000 per week DOE.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.