Southern Specialties, Inc., a vertically integrated family of companies, is a Grower, Packer, Importer, Shipper, Processor, Marketer and Logistics provider involved with tropical fruit & vegetables throughout the America’s. We are headquartered in Pompano Beach, Florida with growing operations located throughout Central & South America including Mexico, Canada, and the US.
The Company focuses on niche specialty fruit & vegetable categories that supports consumer trends including value-added convenience packaging. The company distributes its product under the brand names Southern Selects, Today’s Gourmet, and provides private label programs for various segments of the produce industry.
We are a globally competitive enterprise that relies on deep, collaborative partnerships that increase the effectiveness of every aspect of our operations and dedicated to maximizing efficiency throughout the value chain.
As a Key Account Manager, you will be expected to handle a broad base of commodities to new and existing accounts including foodservice, retail, price clubs, and wholesale customers across North America.
We have an opportunity for an experienced, motivated, and self-driven talented individual to join our sales team. The right candidate will acquire good people and market instinct, a win-win view of both grower and buyer interests, and a deep understanding of demand management. Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with an unmatched support team to maximize your success.
- New account development, existing account cultivation
- Know your products and service capabilities
- Know your customers and anticipate their needs
- Demand forecasting and budgeting
- Program, contract and spot market sales
- Order fulfillment
- Phone/email etiquette
- Clear written/verbal communication
- Understands crops and markets based on supply & demand
- Customer service driven
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, & PowerPoint
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Enthusiastic, persistent, and confident
- Attention to detail and strong analytical ability
- Passion for sales, and a drive to succeed
- Prior knowledge of fresh produce and agriculture
- Willingness to travel, attend trade shows, as needed
- Personable, reliable and trustworthy
- Strong work ethic
- High moral integrity
- Creative problem solver
If this position sounds of interest and you are considered a solid salesperson with a stellar reputation. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the resumes that do have the specific experience will be contacted.
We are drug-free workplace – all candidates must satisfactorily pass a drug test and background screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer