Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! We have an opening for a Produce Buyer at our corporate office in Phoenix, AZ.
The Produce Buyer is responsible for procuring the highest quality and grade products at the best market cost. The Produce Buyer executes promotional program negotiations and daily supplier performance management. The responsibilities of this role also include following best practices in forecasting, inventory management, and proactive decision-making with the support of the Senior Buyer.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Procures the best quality, specification, and grade produce at the best market price in adherence with contract and program expectations.
- Processes purchase orders at the right quantity and frequency to properly manage inventory and ensure high fill rates and low unplanned forced allocations, while meeting expectations for product turns\freshness and low shrink.
- Completes tasks and meets deadlines in updating items and costs, order guides, and ad worksheets.
- Supports problem resolution associated with inbound arrivals, inbound freight, excessive and aging inventory, and supplier performance including on-time delivery\dock out, adherence to grade, specification expectations, low rejection rates, and store arrival issues.
- Gathers and communicates relevant market information to produce procurement leadership.
- Assists with gathering new and existing information and helps facilitate new item setup and maintenance processes.
- Work directly with suppliers to facilitate the collection of items, costs, and delivery information.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in produce buying; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Ability to successfully manage concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to prioritize.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Benefits working at Sprouts:
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
Grow with Us!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.