The Stemilt Group of companies is a family-owned organization dedicated to cultivating people and delighting consumers. We do this by nurturing greatness in our people and products as we serve the agricultural community and food markets of the world. Stemilt is headquartered in the vibrant community of Wenatchee, Washington. Our story began over 100 years and six generations ago, tracing our company roots back to 1893. Stemilt has become an industry leader, and we aspire to continue elevating our market position through organic growth and acquisitions.
We are now looking for a Bilingual Benefits Support person to join our team in Wenatchee, WA.
This is a support function of the Human Resources department. It will require answers employees' questions and recording employee enrollment in to benefit programs.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write and/or create communication flyers and other documents for benefit department
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to multitask with numerous interruptions.
- Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid WA State Driver License
- Current motor insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and customer service skills, exercising diplomacy and good judgment.
- Experience with payroll systems, HRIS systems preferred but not required. Experience building reports, performing internal audits to ensure accuracy of high priority information is a plus.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, effective organizational and prioritization skills
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.