Are you interested in driving change? Do you have a curiosity-driven mindset to discover what is possible? Are you a self-driven individual with integrity? Do you want to be part of a department that is on the path to become uniquely extraordinary? If so, join us as Stemilt’s Communication Specialist. Stemilt, a vertically integrated Company that brings wholesome and earth friendly products to families around the world, and the largest employer and pillar for the Wenatchee valley community, is looking to become a leading employer, not just in its home valley but, around Washington, and the world. If you are an open-minded, continuously learning individual that looks to push the limits, and is beyond ego… This Company is for you. We are World Famous! Join us, you will love it here!
As Stemilt’s Communication Specialist you will bring strong written and verbal communication, as well as organizational skills, to support Stemilt’s external marketing activities and increase awareness of the company and its brand – World Famous Fruit. The Communication Specialist conducts research, interviews, and works alongside internal employees and external customers to deploy communication strategies. This position supports four thousand Stemilters and it’s required to deliver extraordinary customer service at all levels, as well as write, edit and support distribution of content for multiple mediums, including: press releases, email, website, blog, social media, video, and more. Detail oriented, organized, and a passion for storytelling a must.
What we bring to your table:
A World Famous! benefits package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Matched 401(k)
- Paid holidays
- Performance Incentive Plan
- An amazing opportunity to create new performance standards, develop knowledge and new career growth paths.
What you bring to our World Famous! Table:
- Assume Goodwill
- Personal Accountability
- Clear Communications
- Resolve Conflict
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Copywriting, proofreading, and editing
- Understanding of project management principles
- Knowledge of MS office; photo and video-editing software
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, or relevant field, or a combination of education and experience. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- A desire to create strategy and design of an environment that creates a World Famous! employee experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization, as well as write routine reports and correspondence
- Be able to deliver high quality results with an exceptional transparent, consultative, and partnering attitude.
- Capable of applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to interact and connect with all Stemilters.
- A commitment to understand that change is the only constant and a practice of change with purpose, flexibility, and adaptability is a must.
- A desire to deliver an extraordinary experience at every interaction, in fact World Famous!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.