Responsible for negotiating cost and procuring items for specific grouping of categories. Provide guidance to teams regarding product attributes and specifications to ensure brand needs are met.
- Negotiate costs with approved vendors.
- Develop strong business relationships with vendors to deliver quality needs at best cost.
- Meet established procurement goals, such as service levels, merchandise force outs, buyer adjust accounts, buyer/DC loss, turns, and inventory dollars.
- Develop accurate projected costs and item movement to pricing to support margin projections.
- Support promotional planning to drive sales.
- Analyze and create recommendations regarding item trends, seasonal updates, and product supply issues.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college/university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 year’s prior industry experience with a focus on produce is required.
- Prior experience developing and monitoring quality specifications, performing price comps, and other related experience is preferred as is a working knowledge of warehouse flow, processes, and procedures.