Sun Basket, an innovative start up in the meal kit delivery space, backed by top-tier investors and led by one of San Francisco's top chefs, is looking to hire a Regional Replenishment Procurement Buyer to oversee the generation of purchase orders and inventory maintenance for the Distribution Center on all ingredients and packaging determined by the recipe specs. This position partners with the National Procurement Team, Distribution Center Warehouse Manager and Teams, and interfaces regularly with other Distribution Center replenishment teams.
- Develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships with a diverse group of individuals; become a DC leader as well as a team player and collaborator.
- Purchase and maintain accurate levels of inventory to fulfill production of meals. Maintain overall inventory days on hand at prescribed levels.
- Minimize purchasing overages and waste, utilizing forecast models and yields. Prevent and reduce overstock conditions, slow-moving and obsolete inventory.
- Process damaged and spoiled product returns to suppliers.
- Develop contingency plans for any shortages and secure product as needed.
- Develop supplier standards and protocols to fit Sun Basket brand commitment and all compliance requirements.
- Cross-train with other regional buyers and provide back-up when needed.
- Work directly with QA team to ensure highest product quality and vendor compliance.
- Work closely with logistics and transportation to identify and achieve freight consolidation and on time deliveries.
- Reconcile invoices with receiving, purchase orders, billing, credits, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; food background and knowledge are a must.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in procurement and material sourcing in the food industry.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to integrate sourcing solutions with forecasting systems for 100% fill rate.
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical, research and negotiation skills.
- Solid systems experience and working knowledge of procurement software solutions.
- Strong organization and planning skills amidst a busy work place.
- Strong relationship builder but also be able to work independently.
- This position entails a 40 hour, Sunday through Thursday, work week.
- Work environment mainly in an office with occasional refrigerated warehouse visits.
- Will require occasional travel to meet with vendors and support a national procurement platform.