The Controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and assist in overseeing financial activities of the company. The Controller will manage and supervise various aspects of accounting. The Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will assist with development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
- Manage various aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, revenue recognition, and various special analyses
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee payments of all accounts; ensuring all accounts are paid timely
- Oversee all payments made for debts, bank loans, etc.
- Monitor cash and funding balances
- Keep an organized filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, payments, and debts
- Prepare and analyze financial statements
- Prepare quarterly/annual financial reports
- Manage the quarterly/annual budgets and forecasts
- Assist in financial analysis regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other matters with senior management and Chief Financial Officer
- Compile and organize information and statements for audits with both internal and external auditors
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
- Additional Controller duties as needed
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
Ideal candidate has 7 to 10 years of management level experience in related Field. Fresh fruit industry experience a plus. Table grape experience preferred, but not required.
MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred, but not required.
Excellent computer skills necessary. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Famous Software experience highly desired.
Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
Attention to detail.
Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members. Excellent communicator with proven leadership qualities.