Sunset Foods is a neighborhood supermarket, dedicated to providing the finest customer service found anywhere. We are small enough to get to know our customers, yet large enough to offer the most outstanding selection at competitive prices.
We are committed to finding and training friendly, conscientious and knowledgeable staff to help us provide the freshest, highest quality products in clean, fun-to-shop stores.
We now have an opportunity for a Produce Manager to join our fantastic team at our Lake Forest, IL Sunset Foods location.
Excellent supervisory and communication skills, extraordinary customer service skills, ability to manage, motivate, evaluate and schedule the department staff, manage inventory and order, skilled in merchandising, and ability to achieve budget goals of gross profit, payroll and sales.
- Must be able to manage department activities related to inventory, ordering record keeping, rotation, and stocking of merchandise.
- Knowledge & ability in ordering, receiving, display and sale of all products in accordance to company quality and merchandising standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Knowledge & ability to develop work plan and labor schedule.
- Manage department inventory control to maintain proper stock level so that there is no out of stock and over-stock products.
- Prepare weekly sales to purchase reports.
- Ensure all invoices and bills are processed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that work environment is clean and safe in accordance to company policy.
- Re-purpose produce, that can be used in salad bar or fresh cut.
- Knowledge and ability in basic computer skills.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by resolving customer concerns and problems in timely manner.
- Minimum of 3 yrs. produce experience.
We offer an extraordinary benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance, 401(k), Paid-Time-Off (PTO) Plan, Paid Training, etc.