Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food and non-food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers around the world.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Produce Planner/Advisor to join our team in Jackson, MS.
In collaboration with the Produce Director or Manager, negotiate, procure, and coordinate the effective distribution of Category 11 products and services to customers through Sysco Broadline Operating Companies. Establish and execute a strategy for the produce category to meet or exceed profitable sales targets supported by effectively managing Operating Company (OpCo) designated service levels. Provide training, product information, regulatory guidance, and customer service to internal and external customers in support of the distribution of products and services as needed Drives OpCo required category initiatives and assortment in harmony with corporate requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combinations of experience and education in place of degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of culinary/foodservice education and experience required.
- 2 years of Produce and/or Food Service procurement experience preferred.
- Must establish courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Associate participates as a member of a team to help the team accomplish its goals.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Adjusting to new work structures and processes.
- Working effectively and collaborating with others.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Educates customers.
- Shares information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Sets high standards of performance for self.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks.
- Self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small.
- Showing concern for all aspects of the job.
- Accurately checking processes and tasks.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.