We are seeking a detail-oriented, team player to manage packing and warehouse duties at a high-volume potato packing operation.
In this role you will supervise and provide overall guidance to workers engaged in receiving, grading, storing and shipping potatoes. You will direct operational activities with the objective of maximizing operational efficiencies and profitability. You will also assure high production output, high quality product and waste-reduction, eliminates safety issues and controls overhead/labor costs. Provides day-to-day leadership and perform a variety of management, administrative as well as physical functions to ensure timely and accurate processing of orders.
- Responsible for the supervision of personnel and operations in the execution of potato packing & shipping functions.
- Must be hands-on with employees in labor-intensive environment.
- Ability to direct and delegate work to warehouse personnel.
- Trains workers in grading and packing procedures in accordance with customer’s specifications.
- Inspects storage area to determine freshness of product and conformance to customer’s specifications.
- Directs workers engaged in loading trucks.
- Supervise workers engaged in constructing bins, boxes and other packaging materials.
- Inventory control management.
- Works directly with sales to control expense, including shrink, labor and overhead.
- Ensure the safety of all employees at all times.
- Maintain a neat & clean audit ready packing facility.
- Follow ethical and business like manner in all interactions with employees, truck drivers, growers and customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred OR equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered.
- Must have 3 plus years in produce packing or warehouse management experience.
- Clean driving record and Valid Driver’s License required.
- Forklift certified a plus.
Interpersonal skills required.
Preferred: bilingual in Spanish to communicate with majority Spanish- speaking workforce.
Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
To work nights, weekends or as business needs arise during harvest season.