Delicia North America (DBA T & G) the US Division of a worldwide produce import and export company is currently seeking a Quality Control/Inspection Manager to join their team in Southern California. This is a remote location job that will require travel within the California Central Valley to the source, to verify the quality of fruits and vegetables for our customers. This individual will be responsible for inspecting and selecting fruit in the field which fit the needs for the various countries that we export to. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of experience in evaluating produce for quality and condition.
The primary function of the Quality Control Manager is to maintain integrity of the fruit from time of receipt to time of packing. They will manage a team responsible for maintaining incoming fruit inventory, monitoring, evaluating, appropriately storing all product. Working in the field as well as the packhouse, they will interpret and ensure FDA regulations and HACCP standards are met. They must have the ability to determine source of quality variance and take action correcting the process and product, and ensuring systems are in place to make certain that vendors are capable of meeting quality expectations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- High school diploma or equivalent and management inspection experience required.
- Prior produce experience dealing specifically with blueberries and grapes
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Keen analytical skills with the ability/comfort to make sound decisions and problem solve.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Personal accountability.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills, team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Be able to set priorities, meet deadlines and able to accomplish team objectives.
- Candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3 years of experience in QA and Food Safety, or formal food safety training.
- Certification and strong application skills in HACCP and GMP’s preferred.
We are 100% committed to providing a great working environment for our people and, depending on where you’re located, we offer benefits such as:
- Education and training through our Learning Academy
- Subsidised medical insurance and free flu vaccinations
- Personal support from an employee assistance program
- Social clubs in some locations
- Purchasing of fresh produce
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.