Talley Farms, a very solid, established, grower/shipper/packer has a great opportunity for a salesperson to develop new business and handle house accounts. They are high-quality growers who put together an excellent box, operate with strong values, and have a fun, family-focused culture.
Seeking candidates who have a solid work ethic, detail oriented, can take care of day-to-day orders, strong follow-up skills, and persistently pursue new accounts.
Produce sales background desired. Position based in the gorgeous Central Coast region of California.
The Sales Representative is responsible for handling day-to-day and transactional business with key accounts, and for developing sales with retail, foodservice, and wholesale customers. The position will also work cross-functionally with management, cooler, QA, and farming team members. Will handle transportation/logistics for customers when needed.
Daily account management of wholesale, foodservice, and / or retail grocery. Work quickly and accurately with daily market pricing, quality, and varying market conditions.
Business development for new accounts. Prospect and source new customer leads and keep current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
Maintaining consistent communication with customers to manage market conditions, pricing, and quality components.
Working with the sales team and management on pricing and inventory to meet daily and seasonal sales expectations.
Multi-task and conduct business in a fast-paced environment.
- Background in fresh produce sales.
- Retail customer knowledge and relationships. Understanding of retail contracts, planning retail ads, seasonal contracts, and / or promotions is desired.
- Solid produce background and knowledge of multiple commodities, including growing regions, quality characteristics and issues, shelf life, shipping & handling characteristics, pack styles.
- Working within various market conditions, supply availability, quality levels.
- Working closely with Inspection / QA / QC personnel, cold storage & facilities personnel, logistics and shipping.
- Making sound shipping and sales decisions with management under various volume and quality variables.
- Awareness of Food Safety initiatives in our industry.
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to use internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems among others. For Example: EDI, iTrade, Foodlink, Retail Link.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is helpful.
- Strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Ability to Travel as needed.