Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever.
Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
We now have an opening for an Accounting Analyst to join our team in Salinas, CA.
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of departmental financial statements. The ideal candidate possesses an eagerness to learn and has great attention to detail. This position has an operational focus and must have the ability to communicate effectively with operational employees to identify and resolve problems and discrepancies.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Training and/or Experience Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting.
Language and Communication Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have excellent written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management.
Mathematical Skills Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and apply concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
Computer Skills Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), databases, queries and internet software.
Other Skills and Attributes :
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities as it relates to Product Management priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively with operational counter parts.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be able to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people’s demands.